Sometimes VB.NET coders make me wonder (or crazy)

 The following was taken from a die hard VB.NET coder.

I believe C# promotes bloated, slow, inefficient, and buggy code, largely in part because people care more about the cosmetics of their code than they do its actual functionality, efficiency, and reusability.

Wow, that is one broad stereotype while I've seen more VB.NET write really poor code more than I've seen C# developer and I'm a proponent for VB.NET coders but not for those who think the way as the above person.

No matter what language a person works with there are both bad and good coders while from what I've seen between VB.NET and C# from non professionals VB.NET coders are those who tend to write unclean and loose code while for the most part C# coders that are not working professionally really can write sloppy code as a VB.NET coders does simply because a VB.NET coder can turn Option Strict Off or actually never turn it on.

Then there is this

"Minimization is heard more with coders using VB.NET then C#, for one reason or another."

The average VB.NET coders who use minimization tend to have come from a VB classic background were they have not taken time to read up on Microsoft docs.

Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of excellent VB.NET coders in the world so this is not a bash on each and every VB.NET coders, heck if I didn't care I'd never write code samples for VB.NET which I've been doing for over 18 years or so.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VB.NET Working with Delegate and Events

Coders asking questions in online forums

GitHub download partial repository